Real-feel skin covering & palpable cricoid landmarks for realistic training.
TruCric facilitates training in needle and surgical cricothyrotomy, percutaneous tracheostomy, Seldinger technique and air jet ventilation.
Anatomically accurate and palpable landmarks include tracheal rings, laryngeal cartilages, cricoid and cricothyroid membrane for realistic practice in front of neck access techniques.
Our TruCric model is a durable front of neck access trainer facilitating realistic practice in FONA airway management, including needle and surgical cricothyroidotomy, and percutaneous tracheostomy. It's ideal for efficient training including emergency and anaesthesia clinicians needing to maintain proficiency in emergency front of neck airway techniques.
TruCric provides efficient surgical airway management training ideal for busy classroom settings and as a surgical airway demonstration model. Book a free demonstration today or ask us about custom pricing for high-volume orders.
TruCric comes with a carrier case, lubrication, replacement lung bag, 10 larynx inserts, 2 wrap around neck skins and a non-slip mat.
The neck skin can be rotated on the model allowing 10-15 incisions, while the larynx insert can facilitate 1 surgical cricothyroidotomy and 2-3 tracheostomy procedures. All parts are quick and easy to interchange, perfect for a busy teaching environment.
Best-Selling TruCric consumables:
Super Saver Pack with 15% discount:
TruCorp has designed several cricothyrotomy training manikins for cricothyrotomy training plus intubation, lung isolation, laryngoscopy, BVM and many other procedures:
Part no. TCRIC1
Q: What skills can I teach using the TruCric?
Learners will gain proficiency in the skills associated with:
• Needle and surgical cricothyroidotomy
• Percutaneous tracheostomy
• Air jet ventilation
This training model features realistic anatomy including palpable cricoid landmarks, laryngeal cartilages, tracheal rings, sternal notch and clavicle bone.
Q: What package contents will arrive with my order?
• 1 TruCric ready-to-use (TCRIC1)
• 1 TruCric carrier case (CBAG03)
• 100ml bottle of lubrication (TL001)
• 10 Larynx inserts – 1 supplied on the manikin and 9 spare (NLX050)
• 2 wraparound neck skin – 1 supplied on manikin and 1 spare (RSN1005)
• 1 non-slip mat to secure model to surface during training
Q: What replacement consumables are compatible?
• TruCorp lubrication 100ml (TL001)
• Larynx inserts (NLX050)
• Wraparound neck skins (RSN1005)
• Super Saver Cric Pack (50 students) (ATP0050) – 15% multipack discount
Q: How many procedures will each consumable facilitate?
• 1 larynx insert (NLX050) facilitates 1 surgical cricothyroidotomy and 2-3 percutaneous tracheostomy procedures
• 1 wraparound neck skin (RSN1005) facilitates approx. 10-15 incisions, the skin is designed to be rotated around the neck to maximize usage
• All consumables are quick and easy to interchange so there is no disruption to teaching time
Q: What type of lubrication can be used during practice?
We recommend TruCorp’s lubrication for best practice, but alternatives can be used provided they are water-soluble lubricants. Please do not use silicone-based products as they will degrade the materials.
Q: Does the manikin provide user feedback to indicate successful procedures?
Yes, an inflatable lung bag is attached to the model to provide user feedback.
Q: Does the TruCric require assembly?
No, this training model is delivered ready to use so you can begin training straight away! Generously spray the equipment with the lubrication provided.
Q: What warranty comes with the TruCric?
This training model comes with a 1-year warranty. Warranty begins from the date of delivery.
Q: My TruCric model needs repairing. How can I arrange this?
Please contact us and provide the serial number (found under the manikin base) and an image/video of the issue. If it meets the warranty conditions TruCorp will repair free of charge. If the warranty has expired, our sales team will provide a quote for repair.
Q: How should I store the training model when it is not in use?
Please store the manikin in clean, dry conditions away from heat and direct sunlight. Avoid contact with metals, solvents, oils or greases, and strong detergents. When the product is not in use please store it in the black carrier case provided.
Q: What can I use to clean the training model?
Thoroughly wash the product with warm soapy water until all residue is removed.
Please do not use any of the following:
• Germicides, disinfectants, or chemical agents such as glutaraldehyde (e.g. Cidex®)
• Ethylene oxide, phenol-based cleaners, or iodine-containing cleaners
In response to the recent COVID-19 pandemic, we recommend this additional step to ensure the product is fully sanitized:
Generously spray alcohol spray or gel (minimum 75% alcohol) and wipe off. Repeat 3-4 times to fully disinfect the product.