Q: What age of the patient is the TruInfant IO Leg designed to be?
This model features anatomy based on a 5-month old infant.
Q: What skills can I teach using the TruInfant IO Leg?
Learners will gain proficiency in the skills associated with intraosseous (IO) infusion of the tibia.
This training model features realistic anatomy including the tibial tuberosity and patella, so users can identify the proximal tibia intraosseous needle insertion site. Learners benefit from lifelike resistance when penetrating the medullary cavity.
Q: What package contents will arrive with my order?
• 1x TruInfant IO Leg (TINIOLEG1)
• 4x IO Tibias – 1 attached and 3 spares (TINIO20)
• 3x tibia insert connector pins (long)
• 3x tibia insert connector pins (short)
• Carrier case
Q: What replacement consumables are compatible?
• TruInfant IO inserts – pack of 20 (TINIO20)
Q: How many procedures will each IO insert facilitate?
• Each IO insert is designed as single-use to provide all learners with the most lifelike training experience
• The inserts are pre-filled with simulated blood for convenience
• Inserts are quick and easy to interchange so there is no disruption to teaching time
Q: What equipment sizes are recommended?
• Size 18G needle
Q: Does the manikin provide user feedback to indicate successful or failed procedures?
Yes, upon successful entry into the medullary cavity fluid can be aspirated.
Q: What warranty comes with the TruInfant IO Leg?
This training model comes with a 1-year warranty. Warranty begins from the date of delivery.
Q: My TruInfant IO Leg model needs repairing. How can I arrange this?
Please contact us and provide the serial number (found under the product base) and an image/video of the issue. If it meets the warranty conditions TruCorp will repair free of charge. If the warranty has expired, our sales team will provide a quote for repair.
Q: How should I store the training model when it is not in use?
Please store the training model in clean, dry conditions away from heat and direct sunlight. Avoid contact with metals, solvents, oils or greases, and strong detergents. When the product is not in use please store it in the black carrier case provided.
Q: What can I use to clean the training model?
Thoroughly wash the product with warm soapy water until all residue is removed.
Please do not use any of the following:
• Germicides, disinfectants, or chemical agents such as glutaraldehyde (e.g. Cidex®)
• Ethylene oxide, phenol-based cleaners, or iodine-containing cleaners
In response to the recent COVID-19 pandemic, we recommend this additional step to ensure the product is fully sanitized:
Generously spray alcohol spray or gel (minimum 75% alcohol) and wipe off. Repeat 3-4 times to fully disinfect the product.