What makes the AirSim X airway so unique?
The AirSim X airway has been designed using CT DICOM data from real patients, to provide trainees with a lifelike intubation training solution. The internal airway is anatomically accurate and will guarantee 20,000+ intubation cycles when used correctly. TruCorp are proud to offer a 5-year warranty on the AirSim X airway.
What age of patient is the AirSim Child Combo X?
This manikin is designed as a 6-year old child.
What skills can I teach using the AirSim Child Combo X?
Learners will gain proficiency in the below procedures:
- Direct and video laryngoscopy
- Endotracheal intubation
- Nasotracheal intubation
- Supraglottic device insertion
- Bag valve mask (BVM) ventilation
- Nasogastric (NG) tube insertion techniques
- Needle & surgical cricothyroidotomy
- Percutaneous tracheostomy
What package contents will arrive with my order?
- 1 AirSim Child Combo X manikin ready to use (CC10006X)
- 1 carrier case (CBAG03)
- 100ml bottle of lubrication (TL001)
- 5 child larynx inserts (CNLX050) – 1 attached & 4 spare
- 1 wraparound neck skin (CRSN1005)
What replacement consumables are compatible?
To help reduce ongoing training costs, TruCorp offer a 15% discount when a 50-student multipack is purchased:
- Super Saver Child Cric Pack (50 students) (CTP0050) – 15% multipack discount
How many procedures will each consumable facilitate?
- 1 child larynx insert (CNLX050) facilitates 1 surgical cricothyroidotomy and 2-3 percutaneous tracheostomy procedures
- 1 wraparound neck skin (CRSN1005) facilitates 10-15 incisions, the skin is designed to be rotated around the neck to maximize usage
- All consumables are quick and easy to interchange so there is no disruption to teaching time
What type of lubrication can be used during intubation practice?
We recommend TruCorp’s lubrication for best practice, but alternatives can be used provided they are water-soluble lubricants. Please do not use silicone-based products as they will degrade the materials.
Does the AirSim Child Combo X require assembly?
No, this training manikin is delivered ready to use so you can begin training straight away! Generously spray the oral/nasal passages and equipment with the lubrication provided.
What equipment sizes are recommended?
- 5-5.0 mm ID for nasal intubation
- 5-6.0 mm ID for oral intubation
- Size 2 laryngoscope blade
- Size 2 for LMA laryngeal masks
- Similar respective sizes for other supraglottic devices
Does the manikin provide user feedback to indicate successful or failed procedures?
Yes, if successfully intubated the two lung bags will inflate. If the airway device is incorrectly placed in the esophagus, the stomach bag will inflate.
What warranty comes with the AirSim Child Combo X?
The AirSim Child Combo X manikin comes with a 5-year warranty on the AirSim X airway and a 1-year warranty on all other parts. Warranty begins from date of delivery.
My AirSim Child Combo X manikin needs repaired. How can I arrange this?
Another great benefit of this product is its modular design. This means spare parts can be ordered and interchanged at your location by your team. Please contact us and provide the serial number (found under the manikin base) and an image/video of the issue. If it meets the warranty conditions TruCorp will provide the required parts free of charge. If warranty has expired, our sales team will provide a quote.
How should I store the manikin when it is not in use?
Please store the manikin in clean, dry conditions away from heat and direct sunlight. Avoid contact with metals, solvents, oils or greases and strong detergents. When the product is not in use please store in the black carrier case provided.
What can I use to clean the manikin?
Thoroughly wash the AirSim X airway in warm water. Please use warm soapy water or similar until all visible foreign matter and residue is removed.
Mild detergents or enzymatic cleaning agents may be used on the airway at the proper dilution. The detergent must not contain skin or mucous membrane irritants.
Please do not use any of the following when cleaning the AirSim product range:
- Germicides, disinfectants, or chemical agents such as glutaraldehyde (e.g. Cidex®),
- Ethylene oxide, phenol-based cleaners, or iodine-containing cleaners
In response to the recent COVID-19 pandemic, we recommend this additional step to ensure the product is fully sanitized:
Generously spray alcohol spray or gel (minimum 75% alcohol) and wipe off. Repeat 3-4 times to fully disinfect the product. This can be done on the silicone skin and the latex airway.