Q: What makes the AirSim X airway so unique?
The AirSim X airway has been designed using CT DICOM data from real patients, to provide trainees with a lifelike intubation training solution. The internal airway is anatomically accurate and will guarantee 20,000+ intubation cycles when used correctly. TruCorp is proud to offer a 5-year warranty on the AirSim X airway.
Q: What skills can I teach using the TruMan Trauma X?
Learners will gain proficiency in the below procedures:
• Needle decompression of tension pneumothorax (2nd & 5th intercostal spaces)
• Chest drain of a haemothorax
• Direct and video laryngoscopy
• Endotracheal intubation
• Nasotracheal intubation
• Supraglottic device insertion
• Combitube insertion
• Bag valve mask (BVM) ventilation
• Single lung isolation techniques
• Needle & surgical cricothyroidotomy
• Percutaneous tracheostomy
Q: What package contents will arrive with my order?
• 1 TruMan Trauma X manikin ready to use (TTR2000X)
• 1 carrier case (TBAG02)
• 100ml bottle of lubrication (TL001)
• 5 larynx inserts (NLX050) – 1 attached & 4 spare
• 1 wraparound neck skin (RSN1005)
• 1 set of needle decompression inserts (ND3000)
• 1 set of economy torso inserts (CDNCE1)
Q: What replacement consumables are compatible?
• TruCorp lubrication (TL001)
• Larynx inserts (NLX050)
• Wraparound neck skins (TTNS105)
• Needle decompression inserts (ND3000)
• Premium torso inserts (CDNCP1)
• Economy torso inserts (CDNCE1)
To help reduce ongoing training costs, TruCorp offer a 15% discount when a 50-student multipack purchased:
• Super Saver Trauma Pack (50 students) (TTP0050) – 15% multipack discount
Q: What is the difference between the Premium and Economy torso inserts for chest drain procedures?
There are 2 options for replacement chest drain inserts to facilitate varying budgets:
1. Premium torso inserts (CDNCP1) ? Higher levels of realism with 3 separate layers representing skin, fat and muscle tissue
2. Economy torso inserts (CDNCE1) ? Lower cost alternative with 1 solid layer representing skin, fat and muscle tissue
Q: How many procedures will each consumable facilitate?
• 1 larynx insert (NLX050) facilitates 1 surgical cricothyroidotomy and 2-3 percutaneous tracheostomy procedures
• 1 wraparound neck skin (RSN1005) facilitates approx. 10-15 incisions, the skin is designed to be rotated around the neck to maximize usage
• 1 set of needle decompression inserts (ND3000) facilitates 150+ needles per set (set includes 1 left and 1 right side insert)
• 1 set of economy torso inserts (CDNCE1) facilitates 4 complete chest drain procedures during which fluid can be drained through the tube when successfully performed (6 chest drain procedures per set can be performed if the removal of fluid isn’t necessary)
• All consumables are quick and easy to interchange so there is no disruption to teaching time
Q: What type of lubrication can be used during intubation practice?
We recommend TruCorp’s lubrication for best practice, but alternatives can be used provided they are water-soluble lubricants. Please do not use silicone-based products as they will degrade the materials.
Q: Does the TruMan Trauma X require assembly?
You will simply need to attach the chest drain inserts upon the manikin’s arrival and you will be ready to begin training immediately after. Generously spray the oral/nasal passages and equipment with the lubrication provided.
Q: What equipment sizes are recommended?
• 7.0-7.5mm ID for nasal intubation
• 8.0-9.0mm ID for oral intubation
• Sizes 3-5 for LMA laryngeal masks
• Similar respective sizes for other supraglottic devices
• 28-32F for chest drain of a haemothorax
• 18-20G for needle decompression of a tension pneumothorax
Q: Does the manikin provide user feedback to indicate successful or failed procedures?
Yes, if successfully intubated there will be visible chest rise. Upon a successful needle decompression of a tension pneumothorax, an audible ‘hiss’ can be heard. Upon a successful chest drain procedure, fluid will exit the tube (inserts need to be filled with fluid prior to training).
Q: Can I make intubation more difficult on the TruMan Trauma X manikin?
The tongue can be inflated to simulate tongue edema. Attach an empty syringe to the red connector located underneath the skin below the chin and insert approx. 20ml of air.
We have alternative options for advanced difficult airway management. Get in touch with our sales team for more information.
Q: What warranty comes with the TruMan Trauma X?
The TruMan Trauma X manikin comes with a 5-year warranty on the AirSim X airway and a 1-year warranty on all other parts. Warranty begins from the date of delivery.
Q: My TruMan Trauma X manikin needs repairing. How can I arrange this?
Please contact us and provide the serial number (found under the manikin base) and an image/video of the issue. If it meets the warranty conditions TruCorp will repair free of charge. If warranty has expired, our sales team will provide a quote for repair.
Q: How should I store the manikin when it is not in use?
Please store the manikin in clean, dry conditions away from heat and direct sunlight. Avoid contact with metals, solvents, oils or greases and strong detergents. When the product is not in use please store in the black carrier case provided.
Q: What can I use to clean the manikin?
Thoroughly wash the AirSim X airway in warm water. Please use warm soapy water or similar until all visible foreign matter and residue is removed.
Mild detergents or enzymatic cleaning agents may be used on the airway at the proper dilution. The detergent must not contain skin or mucous membrane irritants.
Please do not use any of the following when cleaning the AirSim product range:
• Germicides, disinfectants, or chemical agents such as glutaraldehyde (e.g. Cidex®)
• Ethylene oxide, phenol-based cleaners, or iodine-containing cleaners
In response to the recent COVID-19 pandemic, we recommend this additional step to ensure the product is fully sanitized:
Generously spray alcohol spray or gel (minimum 75% alcohol) and wipe off. Repeat 3-4 times to fully disinfect the product. This can be done on the silicone skin and the latex airway.