Q: What skills can I teach using the TruCric?
Learners will gain proficiency in the skills associated with:
• Needle and surgical cricothyroidotomy
• Percutaneous tracheostomy
• Air jet ventilation
This training model features realistic anatomy including palpable cricoid landmarks, laryngeal cartilages, tracheal rings, sternal notch and clavicle bone.
Q: What package contents will arrive with my order?
• 1 TruCric ready-to-use (TCRIC1)
• 1 TruCric carrier case (CBAG03)
• 100ml bottle of lubrication (TL001)
• 10 Larynx inserts – 1 supplied on the manikin and 9 spare (NLX050)
• 2 wraparound neck skin – 1 supplied on manikin and 1 spare (RSN1005)
• 1 non-slip mat to secure model to surface during training
Q: What replacement consumables are compatible?
• TruCorp lubrication 100ml (TL001)
• Larynx inserts (NLX050)
• Wraparound neck skins (RSN1005)
• Super Saver Cric Pack (50 students) (ATP0050) – 15% multipack discount
Q: How many procedures will each consumable facilitate?
• 1 larynx insert (NLX050) facilitates 1 surgical cricothyrotomy and 2-3 percutaneous tracheostomy procedures
• 1 wraparound neck skin (RSN1005) facilitates approx. 10-15 incisions, the skin is designed to be rotated around the neck to maximize usage
• All consumables are quick and easy to interchange so there is no disruption to teaching time
Q: What type of lubrication can be used during practice?
We recommend TruCorp’s lubrication for best practice, but alternatives can be used provided they are water-soluble lubricants. Please do not use silicone-based products as they will degrade the materials.
Q: Does the manikin provide user feedback to indicate successful procedures?
Yes, an inflatable lung bag is attached to the model to provide user feedback.
Q: Does the TruCric require assembly?
No, this training model is delivered ready to use so you can begin training straight away! Generously spray the equipment with the lubrication provided.
Q: What warranty comes with the TruCric?
This training model comes with a 1-year warranty. Warranty begins from the date of delivery.
Q: My TruCric model needs repairing. How can I arrange this?
Please contact us and provide the serial number (found under the manikin base) and an image/video of the issue. If it meets the warranty conditions TruCorp will repair free of charge. If the warranty has expired, our sales team will provide a quote for repair.
Q: How should I store the training model when it is not in use?
Please store the manikin in clean, dry conditions away from heat and direct sunlight. Avoid contact with metals, solvents, oils or greases, and strong detergents. When the product is not in use please store it in the black carrier case provided.
Q: What can I use to clean the training model?
Thoroughly wash the product with warm soapy water until all residue is removed.
Please do not use any of the following:
• Germicides, disinfectants, or chemical agents such as glutaraldehyde (e.g. Cidex®)
• Ethylene oxide, phenol-based cleaners or iodine-containing cleaners
In response to the recent COVID-19 pandemic, we recommend this additional step to ensure the product is fully sanitized:
Generously spray alcohol spray or gel (minimum 75% alcohol) and wipe off. Repeat 3-4 times to fully disinfect the product.