Q: What makes the AirSim X airway so unique?
The AirSim X airway has been designed using CT DICOM data from real patients, to provide trainees with a lifelike intubation training solution. The internal airway is anatomically accurate and will guarantee 20,000+ intubation cycles when used correctly. TruCorp is proud to offer a 5-year warranty on the AirSim X airway. This manikin also features bronchi to the 4th generation.
Q: What skills can I teach using the AirSim Combo Bronchi X?
Learners will gain proficiency in the below procedures:
• Direct and video laryngoscopy
• Endotracheal intubation
• Nasotracheal intubation
• Supraglottic device insertion
• Combitube insertion
• Bag valve mask (BVM) ventilation
• Fibre optic intubation & examination
• Nasogastric (NG) tube insertion techniques
• Single lung isolation techniques
• Needle & surgical cricothyroidotomy
• Percutaneous tracheostomy
• Bronchoscopy techniques
Q: What package contents will arrive with my order?
• 1 AirSim Combo Bronchi X manikin ready to use (CTC95100X)
• 1 carrier case (ABAG01)
• 100ml bottle of lubrication (TL001)
• 5 larynx inserts (NLX050) – 1 attached & 4 spare
• 1 wraparound neck skin (RSN1005)
Q: What replacement consumables are compatible?
• TruCorp lubrication 100ml (TL001)
• Larynx inserts (NLX050)
• Wraparound neck skins (RSN1005)
To help reduce ongoing training costs, TruCorp offers a 15% discount when a 50-student multipack purchased:
• Super Saver Cric Pack (50 students) (ATP0050) – 15% multipack discount
Q: How many procedures will each consumable facilitate?
• 1 larynx insert (NLX050) facilitates 1 surgical cricothyroidotomy and 2-3 percutaneous tracheostomy procedures
• 1 wraparound neck skin (RSN1005) facilitates approx. 10-15 incisions, the skin is designed to be rotated around the neck to maximize usage
• All consumables are quick and easy to interchange so there is no disruption to teaching time
Q: What type of lubrication can be used during intubation practice?
We recommend TruCorp’s lubrication for best practice, but alternatives can be used provided they are water-soluble lubricants. Please do not use silicone-based products as they will degrade the materials.
Q: Does the AirSim Combo Bronchi X require assembly?
No, this training manikin is delivered ready to use so you can begin training straight away! Generously spray the oral/nasal passages and equipment with the lubrication provided.
Q: What equipment sizes are recommended?
• Size 7.0-7.5mm ID for nasal intubation
• Size 8.0-9.0mm ID for oral intubation
• Size 3-5 for LMA laryngeal masks
• Similar respective sizes for other supraglottic devices
• Size 35F-37F for endo-bronchial tubes
Q: Does the manikin provide user feedback to indicate successful or failed procedures?
Yes, if successfully intubated the two lung bags will inflate. If the airway device is incorrectly placed in the esophagus, the stomach bag will inflate.
Q: Can I make intubation more difficult on the AirSim Combo Bronchi X manikin?
Difficult airway parts can be purchased to interchange the airway (approx. 30-minute process). The tongue can be inflated to simulate tongue edema. Attach an empty syringe to the red connector located underneath the skin below the chin and insert approx. 20ml of air.
Q: What warranty comes with the AirSim Combo Bronchi X?
The AirSim Combo Bronchi X manikin comes with a 5-year warranty on the AirSim X airway and a 1-year warranty on all other parts. Warranty begins from the date of delivery.
Q: My AirSim Combo Bronchi X manikin needs repairing. How can I arrange this?
Another great benefit of this product is its modular design. This means spare parts can be ordered and interchanged at your location by your team. Please contact us and provide the serial number (found under the manikin base) and an image/video of the issue. If it meets the warranty conditions TruCorp will provide the required parts free of charge. If the warranty has expired, our sales team will provide a quote.
Q: How should I store the manikin when it is not in use?
Please store the manikin in clean, dry conditions away from heat and direct sunlight. Avoid contact with metals, solvents, oils or greases and strong detergents. When the product is not in use please store in the black carrier case provided.
Q: What can I use to clean the manikin?
Thoroughly wash the AirSim X airway in warm water. Please use warm soapy water or similar until all visible foreign matter and residue are removed.
Mild detergents or enzymatic cleaning agents may be used on the airway at the proper dilution. The detergent must not contain skin or mucous membrane irritants.
Please do not use any of the following when cleaning the AirSim product range:
• Germicides, disinfectants, or chemical agents such as glutaraldehyde (e.g. Cidex®)
• Ethylene oxide, phenol-based cleaners, or iodine-containing cleaners
In response to the recent COVID-19 pandemic, we recommend this additional step to ensure the product is fully sanitized:
Generously spray alcohol spray or gel (minimum 75% alcohol) and wipe off. Repeat 3-4 times to fully disinfect the product. This can be done on the silicone skin and the latex airway.